Committee Meeting 11 Sept 2012

Isle of Wight Car Club Committee Meeting


Venue:                      Camp Hill Social Club


Time and Date:        11 September 2012, 8pm


Attendees:                AW, PW, MS, JD, DW, BR, PR, DM, RW, MP, TA


Guests:                     None


Apologies:                SS, GB, DG






1.    Acceptance of Minutes

Ventnor Botanics, 99% confirmed for 1st week of March 2013










2.    Matters Arising

Try to avoid Bestival / Festival / IOW events etc for 2013 season

Send / hand over kissy puppy money to Sophie Rolf fund

30 people coming for Healey Weekend, 12/15 drivers

Book Bargemans for HW

















3.    Membership Report

Pallance Farm 24 drivers, 9 pre sign, 15 day, 1 new full member, 1 day member.  £303 Cashola

Ryan Munt approved.  RW proposes, BR 2nds, all agree.









4.    Treasurer’s Report

Cheque for £1900 given to AW for Kissy Puppy

Rest MIA







5.    Venues

23rd September – College – Cool

14th October – Change to Atherfield

28th October – Knighon – Cool

10th Nov – BAE – Probably fine














6.     Events

22nd December Christmas event at Melville hall.  100 people, Steve Wells to promote and organise.

Tony Southgate talk on the cards.





7.     AOB

Confirm HW 50th year?





8.     Date of next meeting


23rd October, 20:00



Close of Meeting


Meeting closed at 21:29



Committee Meeting 7th August 2012

Isle of Wight Car Club Committee Meeting


Venue:                      Camp Hill Social Club


Time and Date:        7 August 2012, 8pm


Attendees:                AW, PW, MS, JD, DW, BR, SS, PR, GB, DM


Guests:                     None


Apologies:                RW, PR, MP, DW






1.    Acceptance of Minutes


Solar on going









2.    Matters Arising



















3.    Membership Report











4.    Treasurer’s Report


Current account = £ MIA

Business premium account = £ MIA



5.    Venues


19th Aug Atherfield permit – Signed

9th Sept Pallance Farm – to be signed

23rd Sept College – Signed

14th Oct Nunwell – to be signed


Potential for Ventnor Botanics, contact is Marty
















6.    Kissy Puppy


Fire brigade and police coming, potential track day company offering a raffle prize.

PR to confirm letters sent out

08:30 gate open

Various Island cars coming

Carpark location to be made on the day depending on wind direction

Storm Troopers and speeder coming

Trailer arriving on Saturday

IOW Radio advert – Toby “Charity autotest in aid of Sophie Rolf” etc

Members / facebook reminder

Risk assessment to be done

Briefing sheet to be printed to be signed for new day members

Tuesday 14th count up of donations at Camp Hill


















7.    Any Other Business

£50 for iowcc web hosting








Date of next meeting


Tuesday 11th September 20:00 Camp Hill


Close of Meeting


Meeting closed at 21:30




Committee Meeting 17th July 2012

Isle of Wight Car Club Committee Meeting


Venue:                      Camp Hill Social Club


Time and Date:        17 July 2012, 8pm


Attendees:                AW, PW, MS, JD, DW, MP, BR, SS, PR, GB


Guests:                     None


Apologies:                RW, DM, DG






1.    Acceptance of Minutes


Accepted by all.



2.    Matters Arising


Solar charging system for trailer batteries.  GB authorised to spend up to £250.


Write ups – no volunteers as yet.


Marshal briefing – improvements made.  Two car overlap for marshal changeover.


Class 3 trophy – new band being added.  Currently with engravers who will add D Dutch’s name.


Linda Burt website – PW delivered replies to Linda’s comment about marshalling posted on our website.


Broken cars – two run window adopted and works.













3.    Membership Report


28 at Knighton, 10 in advance and 18 on the day with 1 full and 1 day member.  Total takings £359.


New member was Chris Wilson, proposed AW and seconded PW with all in favour.


4.    Treasurer’s Report


Current account = £6913.41

Business premium account = £2560.50

5.    Venues


MP spoke to GKN – less likely owing to insurance claim from a cricket match incident, however, if can show we have insurance may turn things around.  Insurance details sent to all by PR a few weeks ago.


BAE on 27 July – permit sorted


Show ground for social charity event on 12 August – £125 cost to hire.


Atherfield – permit sorted


PW field at Little Palance Farm is 9 September


Tech is 23 September


Nunwell in Oct is TBC


Regarding show ground, need to chain harrow it afterwards and in worst case, may need to re-seed at cost of £40 max.


Letter needs to go to residents for this event and needs to state that the Royal IoW Agricultural Society has requested the IoWCC write to nearby residents.


There is the potential to use this ground two or three times a year.


Regarding the event itself, it will be for charity for Sophie Rolf who is fighting a tumour.  All monies raised to go to Sophie’s charity, Kissy Puppy, less insurance costs.  Also to have a collection bucket.


To make it an open day with Concours d’Elegance (‘Show and Shine’) and trophy, entry at £2 per car.  SS to get trophy.


To invite Will Nichols, Steve Wells etc to show off their competition cars as well.


Can also allow public to compete if they specifically ask, at usual rate for day members plus day membership.


Marshalling will be as per normal but based upon 1hr stints.  Normal pricing for IWCC members but day sign on fee to the Kissy Puppy charity.


Advert and PR – AW to do this and invite Autoglym to have a stand as part of Show and Shine.  Judging for Show and Shine will be JD assisting Sophie, who will present the trophie.


IWCC banner to go up Sat night.


AW to do sketch on Google of field, markup, scan and email to committee.


MS to consider whether need to contact MSA regarding our insurance for such an event, though felt should be okay.


AW to contact RW regarding risk assessment.


WCs available onsite and SS to clean after event.


MS thanked AW for his work on this event.


























































6.    Any Other Business


DW unable to attend charity event.


Track day on 1ST December at Brands Hatch for £140.

Date of next meeting


Tue 7 August in Back Bar area.


Close of Meeting


Meeting closed at 9.55pm.



26/6/12 IOWCC Meeting

Here: DM, AW, PW, DG, JD, SS, RW, MS, BR, DW

  1. 1.       Apologies



  1. 2.       Approval of last mins

BR has solar info for GB
Hospice cheque to be sent directly to hospice

  1. 3.       Membership report


  1. 4.       Treasurers report

MIA but current account @ £6380.40 and business premium @ £2560.50

  1. 5.       Venues

RW spoken to Bembridge airport re: an event.  Possibility for an evening or weekday event of some sort.  RW to continue discussion with the land holders.

AW spoken to county show ground, possibility pending a discussion with their committee.

        RW to confirm Nunwell field

  1. 6.       The John Dutch show J
    1. Invite membership to write event reports
    2. Marshall briefing to be improved to ensure marshals are confident and clear.  Help and advice to be given to any people new to marshaling systems or requesting assistance.
    3. SS to collect class 3 trophy for presentation to Dave Dutch at next event.
    4. Clarified that evocars forum is not an official iowcc website / discussion board.
  2. 7.       Linda Burt website comment
    Comments well received, PW to deliver our replies


  1. 8.       AOB
    A larger window for broken cars, now have a 2 run window
    Late sign on still available
    Make a note on event trailer of current run number that’s happeningMeeting closes @ 22:15

    Next meeting Wednesday 17th July

IOWCC Meeting 22/5/12

IOWCC Meeting 22nd May 2012


Here: DM, AW, JD, GB, SS, BR, DW, PR, MS, TA, MP, DG, RW


  1. 1.      Apologies



  1. 2.      Approval of Last Mins

DM to get radios to Phil to be looked at



  1. 3.      Treasures report

C/A @ 27 April £5916.65

B/P @ £2560.50


  1. 4.      Membership Sec

Knighton – 36 drivers total, 14 pre sign, 22 on the day, 2 day members, 5 new members = £482

2 brand new members proposed and 2nd. SS proposed DM 2nd.

Dan Cheek

Reece Mitchan

All agree


  1. 5.      Venues

St. Georges (Sat 16th June) signed and form sent off. TA to mail membership regarding event and lack of spectator parking available

Atherfield (Sun 1st July) RW to arrange, date might have to change due to field availability

BAE (Sun 22nd July) PR to sort

PCT (12th Aug) AW to look at Chale MX venue

RW to, continue, to look into Bembridge airport venue


  1. 6.      Marshalling

Discussed the marshalling problem

Trailing a new system for marshalling.  RW and TA to mail out proposed system to members.


  1. 7.      AOB

TA – Paypal fixed

MP – Asked to spend some money on stationery. Agreed

JD – Cones? AW to buy 20 smaller cones

GB – Battery charging.  Solar system to be researched and implemented

SS – Need to ensure bath tubs are not placed on the course

DW – Hospice cheque


Meeting closes 22:00

Next meeting 26thth June @ 20:00 @ Camp Hill

IOWCC Meeting 11/04/12

In Attendance MP, PR, DW, BR, GB, TA, MP, JD, DG






2. Welcome new members, explain what goes on

John Dutch and Danny grist welcomed and Co-opted members Emails &


3. Approval of last mins



4. Membership report

41 full members

36 members compete at round 1 15 sign up in advance & 21 on the day = 544 taken on the day, £21 to charity.

£834.55 in paypal Issue with paypal type of account TA to investigate.


2 new mebers: Linda Bert – Andy W & Steve S propose and approve. Callumn steele Toby & Paul propose and approve.



5.Treasurers report

Current 6541.31

saving 2560.50


6. Venues

Next event Knighton 6th May


  1. AOB

Softops and windows can be in the up or down position when competing.


Discuss Trophies and having non point related prizes. PR to find old ones, consider 2nd / 3rd over.


Radio 1 temperamental DM to give to PR to inspect. RW/DM to get details of where they were bought from.


Marshalling – Constant struggle to get more people involved. TA to campaign over email to encourage more members.


Next meeting 22nd May 8pm Camphill.

IOWCC Meeting 13/3/12


Here: DM, MS, AW, SS, GB, TA, MP, BR, PR, RW, DW
1. Apologies



2. Approval of minutes
3. Treasurers Report
4. Membership Sec. Report
50 people for AGM meal = £300

16 full members so far.

Ensure big push for members to sign up before 1st event or very early on the day.


5. Venues
IOW College all fine for 3 events

Knighton all fine

AW to get football club

AW to investigate new Westlands car park after August

RW to re approach Sydenhams


6. CO-OP Members

Danny Grist – Come on Down

John Dutch – Come on Down

AW proposes, RW 2nds, all agree.


7. Rule Changes
No questions from the membership.  Discussed tidying up the rules, TA to mail out clearer versions.

8. Committee Titles

MS – Chairman / Comp. Sec

DM – Sec / Time keeper / Website

PR – Tres / Vice Chair

AW – Social Sec

GB – Dept . Social Sec

MP – Membership Sec

TA – Dept. Membership Sec / Press and PR

SS – Awards Sec

DW – Dept. Awards Sec

BR – Scruit

SS – Chief Marshall

PW – Dept. Marshall

RW – Safety officer


RW proposes, SS 2nds, all agree



9. Matters Arising



10. AOB
DM to mail AW permits forms and copy of insurance (from MSA website)

DM to get scruit sheets

Quay arts is this year’s chosen charity

Need to catalogue trophies and discuss at next event

Marshall training good to go.  SS has it under control.  TA to mail membership advertising evening as a social event

Christmas do WPM for awards night

April to April for membership

Any iow / evocars trackdays to be advertised to membership

RW to investigate bembridge airport


Meeting closes @ 10:20


Next meeting at Tuesday 10th April @ Camp Hill @ 20:00

AGM 3rd March 2012

AGM 3/3/12

Here – dan m, malc, andy, phil, paul, steve, toby, brian, rich, gordon, matt

Not here – dan w

Pre meeting:
RT & RF stepping down.
Discussed potential rule problems, suggestion is for members to write to committee for clarification on any points.
Proposed and 2nd each other on block.
Committee titles to be decided at next meeting.
We need to be tighter on finances, receipts etc to make book balancing easier for Phil.
SS asks about using some of our trophies from “the vault”.
14th March for next meeting, Brian to arrange.

Malc – Thanks all for attending, thanks committee, thanks officers, thanks Marty and The Quay, invites membership to join committee as co-op members

Phil – Annual treasures report, hands out copies of accounts and explains them.

Malc – Proposes, DG, RW 2nd.  Accounts signed off

Dan – Brief season review.

Malc – 3 Officers – MS, PR, DM.  Remain the same, no complaints.  9 committee members remain, RT & RF stepped down.  Nobody else volunteers for co-op.  TW proposes the officers, MD 2nds.  TW proposes the committee, TC 2nds.  All voted in.

Malc – People need to pay for AGM meal.  Membership and event fees remain the same.  Membership is asked to suggest a charity who the club can support for 2012.

21st March = Marshall training @ Camp Hill

8th April = 1st 2012 event @ College

Questions from the floor:
Christmas doo / awards idea is liked
Questions about rule changes, agreed that blue book can be read online and any further questions will be mailed to committee.

Meeting closes

Meeting 24th Jan 2012


Here – dan m, malc, andy, phil, dan w, paul, steve, toby, brian, rich

1. Apologies

not here – gordon, russ, boo, matt

2. Approval of last mins

1st aid still to be done
Quote for stickers still to be done
Andy Osbourne, WIP
DM still to arrange ATV hire

3. Membership report


4. Treasurers report

30/12/11 Current £6504.42
30/12/11 Savings £2056.50

5. Calendar for 2012 season

3rd march AGM
21st march marshall training prison officiors club
1 8th april college
2 13 may knighton
3 16th (sat) june football club
4 1st july atherfield
5 22nd july bae
12th august pct / atv / wpm / dtm
6 19th august atherfield
7 9th september pallance farm
8 23rd september
9 14th october nunwell
10 28th october knighton
11 10th hw bae
12 11th hw tech
7th december season ending party / awards night / christmas do

RW to produce printed dates slip for members at AGM

6. SR’s


7. BB rules

m16.1.a – c

Cars must be silenced and reasonable meaures should be undertaken to keep cars quiet.  At the discression of officials cars may be excluded due to excessive noise.

RW 1st, PR 2nd, all approved

8. Committee changes

Quit – russ, boo

Rest happy to stand
Ask for nominiations from new people to join committee and officiors

9. 2011 awards

rookie – sunday munday
raybell – marty le moo
marshall – terry steele / family
lady – vicky cox
rookie lady – gemma western

10. AGM

£12 / head + £100 for venue hire
MP to mail / chase membership

11. AOB

Committee members titles
Tony Southgate book AWOL
Gazeebo, written off
Hospice cheque, invite to AGM
Marshall training
Ask membership about charity

18:30 meeting
19:30 food
20:30 agm

21:45 closed

Committee Meeting Minutes – 8th November 2011

Dan, Toby, Paul, Dan, Andy, Malc, Brian, Steve, Basra

Rich, Boo, Russ, Phil, Gordon

Approval of minutes
1st aid still to be done.
SR still to be looked at.
Quote for stickers still to be done.
Andy Osbourne has been found.  PR given details.

Treasurers Report

Membership Sec. Report
30th Knighton 30 competitors, 20 sign on day, 10 pay pal, 8 day members
£150 for cones to AW
Chairs purchased with IOWCC Paypal

TA / MP to get numbered stickers for HW.
AW preparing IOWCC calendar.  Any dates to avoid should be submitted to him for consideration.   Hoping to start season around last week March / 1st week April.
SS and PR to arrange HW courses.
SS sorted HW trophies.  Collecting Thursday.
AW CoC for HW.

Matters Arising
AGM, provisionally, club to subsidise food.
Venue, provisionally, to be the quay arts based on menu approval. Looking at 1st / 2nd week of March.

Christmas hamper for land owners.  RW to arrange and get committee approval.
DM to investigate use of quads / ATV buggies for a single event.

Next Meeting @ Tuesday 24th Jan @ Camp Hill 20:00